December 10, 2012

Winter Dance Recital

Jeff and I have been looking forward to Skye's first dance recital. We enrolled her in ballet and acrobatics class in October (you can read about it here).

Last week was the busiest I have been as far as attending to my daughter's activities. She had dance rehearsals for ballet on Monday and acrobatics on Tuesday. On Thursday, she and the rest of the kids in the recital had their dress rehearsal.

Then the big day came! Friday night was when the kids did their first performance. As every single parent must have felt, I was very excited to see my daughter perform on stage for the first time. Jeff was very excited too. Probably more than I was!

My daughter was in two performances, acrobatics and ballet, for both days. I was overwhelmed by the number of photos I took. If I share them all here, you too will undoubtedly feel the same. So, I'm only going to share a few.

At the backstage. Keeping these little girls sit still even for few seconds was one tough job! Can you spot what's missing in my daughter's costume? Yes, right! I lost her headpiece during her practice on Monday. I felt so bad but there's really nothing I could do about it.


And then it was their turn to be on stage!





This last photo was taken after the end of the recital. I don't know what she said to her teacher but I find this so precious. She probably said thank you to her! My daughter is just so sweet!


Below are the photos of her acrobatics performance. This was the first time she had make up on. She found it too amazing that she kept going back to her dressing room and looked at herself in this mirror. Too cute!


Posing with one of her friends while waiting for their turn to perform. These 3-year olds are acting like they're 16!


 Then, it was time to show their moves! My daughter was having so much fun. She was beaming the whole time.






 Jeff and I were so happy and proud watching our little girl. We look forward to more recitals in the coming years!

Happy Monday to all of you!

8 comments:

  1. I know how it feels Joy. Every time I see my daughter perform or my son receiving an award, it makes me teary-eyed, but of course I try to always suppress it cos I don't want people to think I was over-reacting :)

    Good job Skye! Keep up the passion and always do your best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Arleth. I almost cried (because of happiness) looking at her on stage. This is normal for every parent, I guess :)

      Delete
  2. I feel so happy. Am so proud of my grandaughter and congratulate you Jeff and Joy for all your hardwork and being good role models to her. Good job Skye!! Love you...Mom Emmie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom, thank you. Jeff and I are very very proud of her too!

      Delete
  3. Just found your blog through Nanny2Mommy's blog hop. I'm following you, feel free to come check out my blog and follow back if you'd like!
    Lolalucy09.blogspot.com

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan, welcome to my blog and thank you ver much for following.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your daughter is so cute! I have fond memories of my own dance recitals as a kid and I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to be in one of her own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly, you're welcome and thank you for stopping by my blog as well.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading comments. Feel free to drop a line or two. If you are a blogger, leave a link to your blog so I can check it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...