October 18, 2012

Operation Rising Star (USAG Schweinfurt), Finale

Again, I'm posting these pictures out of gratitude to Wena Diaz for giving me a make-over. She has the magic touch! Don't you agree? She's available to do make-up and hair services. If you are in the Scwheinfurt area, find her on Facebook.


Here's the latest. I survived the singing competition last night. Yay! I'm alive! Below is the home-made video of my performance. You can find the official video here.



If you are an Adele fan, that makes two of us! I love Adele's voice. It's very unique. Never have I heard a singing voice like hers. I just love the power and the passion in her voice. Who doesn't? So when my best friend, Jovy, suggested I sing this song I was very hesitant. However, my husband's encouragement sealed the deal. I have been listening to this song the very moment (which was the day after the third round of the competition) I decided I'm singing it at the (USAG Scwheinfurt) Operation Rising Star finale.

By the way, I went home last night as the first place winner of the contest. Please don't raise your eyebrows. I'm not bragging. I just felt that all the effort and time I put in paid off and I'm proud of myself. I'm very happy that I made Jeff and Skye proud of me.


Posing here with our garrison commander, garrison sergeant major, and the event host.


Hey you! Yes! You! Bring your eyebrows back to where they should be and just give me this moment, please.

To all my friends who came to watch, scream and cheer for me from day one (and to those who came last night), thank you very much!



None of these would have happened if not for my family (my parents and three awesome sisters) and Jeff's encouragement. I hope I have made you all proud.


And to my two little girls, you may not understand it right now but you both are my inspiration in everything I do. Always. I love you both very much!

It's time to catch up on my school works. It's spelled NOW.

I hope you enjoyed reading. Thank you for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Yayyy!!! See, I told you Joy, you can make it!!! Even if I wasn't there to support you personally, I've always been thinking and hoping you win... So when and where is the next gig? Remember, I told you that this competition is not about who hits the highest note but it's also about personality, cos that's what I noticed at last year's overall winner. I'm happy that you made it all the way. When can i have an autograph, Ms. Operation Rising Star Schweinfurt,Germany?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo, I know naman eh and I understand why you weren't able to be there. Thank you Arleth.

      Delete
  2. Bagay na bagay sa'yo friend and kanta ni Adele so much better than last week ang performance mo kagabi. you look more confident, i love it soo fu***kn much hehehe. Love you always. Gusto ko rin yong repeat performance mo kasama si Skye may taga sayaw ka. she's so adorable. I'm So Proud Of You my dear BF! love you! kisses to Rayne and Jeff too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aba, may F word ka na ngayon ha. Thank you friend! Love you too! Love ko rin yong I was singing with Skye. The innocenco and carefree spirit noh? I hope I'll see her perform on stage when she grows up.

      Delete
  3. JOY, CONGRATULATIONS!!! very nice, i love that song so much. You sang it very nicely. I told you and I was praying you will win. I knew and did feel it that you will win. I've heard your voice before and I love it. I saw how Skye was so happy standing, watching and dancing while you were doing the repeat performance. I heard Jeff's voice shouting. Joy, when you told me last night that they will choose 12 for the US competition, I told you you will be one among them. I wish and pray for that. Take care always, hugs and kisses for Skye and Ryne. Good dya and God Bless...Thanks God for all these things.. GOD is good, all the time...We love you!!! MOM (your San Francisco family)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom, thank you. Kahit wala ka dito, I know you support me in spirit 100%. Thank you for being there always for me and Jeff and the girls. Love you too.

      Delete
  4. hello joy,we are so proud of u!!BIG BRAVOOOOOOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very late greeting Joy. Congratulations! and I am bragging to Kjell that you are really good! So so so so proud of you. Clap clap clap clap! Again congratulations for that GOOD JOB done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very late greeting Joy. Congratulations! you deserve to win even If I didn't saw your competitors I know you will shine and I am bragging it to Kjell. hehehe! clap clap clap clap clap! again Congratulations! for a GOOD JOB done! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhuby, thank you. The other contestants were really good too. I think it was just my night :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading comments. Feel free to drop a line or two. If you are a blogger, leave a link to your blog so I can check it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...