September 24, 2012

B is for BALLET

Who has not watched the Black Swan?

My admiration for the gracefulness of ballet dancers when they do their moves was reinforced in this movie. Partly because Natalie Portman is one of my favorite Hollywood actress.

When I was a young, I remember wanting to learn how to dance ballet. But my parents couldn't afford to send me or any of my 3 siblings (all girls) to a ballet class. Or maybe they thought I just didn't, and still don't, have the talent in dancing. I'm the type of a parent who firmly believes that we should introduce our children to a handful of activities (dancing, singing, playing an instrument, sports, painting...) until they find their niche.

With that being said, I enrolled my daughter yesterday in a ballet class offered in our military community. I would have had her started a year ago if not for the strict age requirement. Now that she is turning 3 before the first class session starts on Monday, she's in. Ballet it is!

What's ballet without the cute outfit? I do not know of any store in downtown Schweinfurt where I can buy an outfit so I hit Amazon. There are a few brands to choose from but I chose the Capezio brand after reading some good reviews.

I ordered 2 of this short sleeve leotard. One in white and one in pink. I wanted to purchase the one with a sewed in skirt but it is more expensive. I will hit the fabric store downtown sometime this week and sew a skirt to go along with this top.


I also ordered matching footed tights in pink and white.

And the outfit will not be complete without a ballet shoes. I'm excited to have this in the mail.


I will be doing a review on this product once my daughter have worn them.

Oh! Did I mention my daughter is enrolled in an Acrobatics class also? Both classes will start next week. I am one excited mommy!

Have a great Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's great!!! Go go go Skye!!! I'm so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how bout a photo of Skye wearing her ballet dress? I miss Skye.

      Delete
    2. Friend, I've put up some. Chere this link.

      http://realitystrikesmommy.blogspot.de/2012/10/first-day-in-ballet-class.html

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading comments. Feel free to drop a line or two. If you are a blogger, leave a link to your blog so I can check it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...