July 12, 2012

Oh My Serger

A month ago I ordered a Brother 1034D serger from Amazon. The shipping was fast considering that I live overseas. I must have received my machine in less than two weeks.

It was packaged as is.

No, it wasn't sitting in the box this whole time. In fact, I opened it right away!

And checked everything inside, piece by piece.
A little overwhelming?

Just an FYI, this serger came complete with instruction manual and two CDs so there's no way you won't figure out how to use it properly. I admit this machine is a little bit overwhelming but it didn't scare me at all. I even tested this out after a couple of days.

Unserged fabric edges.
 
After serging.

There are plenty of ways in folding fabric edges to avoid fraying after wash. One of which I fell in love with was the french way of folding seams because the outcome is very neat. However, it takes a little more time doing it.

I have finished several projects since having my serger. The receiving blankets below are made of two fabrics, flannel on one side and chenille on the other. You can find the link of my review of the chenille fabric here.

Receiving blankets I made using flannel and the left-over chenille fabrics
from my burp cloths project.
Pretty, yes?

I will give updates on the performance of my Brother 1034D serger every now and then but so far, I am very pleased with my new sewing buddy.

Happy serging!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading comments. Feel free to drop a line or two. If you are a blogger, leave a link to your blog so I can check it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...